Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY Succulents + Gold Polka Dots = Fabulous!!!

Hey guys!

I have a quick DIY project to share today! This took me 30 minutes to do, and is very in-expensive as well! It was so much fun, and since I can kill absolutely any plant I thought a succulent might be the way to go! These succulents only have to be watered once every two weeks; that is my kind of plant commitment!

So, take a look at my mini potted succulents…...


For this project there are a few supplies you will need:
  • Small succulents ( I got mine at Home Depot)
  • Small pots 
  • Elmers glue
  • round circle spongue
  • fine gold glitter

The first step is to put some glue on a paper plate, grab your sponge and make some glue dots….


As you can see, the dots don't have to by perfectly symmetrical. The glitter will hide any imperfections of a lop-sided circle.


Next, shake your glitter on top of the glued dots around your plate. Make sure to do this over a clean paper plate to catch any of the excess glitter that can be re-used.


And that is it!!! See! I told you it was incredibly easy! This is a great DIY quick project that doesn't take long. You could give them to someone as a gift, or keep them for yourself :) 
You can be super creative and change up the colors, too. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!