Monday, April 26, 2010

White Cheese Chicken Lasagna!

What was for dinner tonight? White cheese chicken lasagna! And it was oh so yummy, so I wanted to share with everyone! I get tired of regular lasagna (it is a common meal favorite on Thursdays at the Wesley Foundation), so I found this recipe to change it up a bit!
I endedup spending less than $8 on this because I had a lot of the ingredients already! That is one reason that I wanted to make it, because I am trying to get rid of as much food as I can before I move.
The recipe I found made 12 servings, but I halved it to make it for 6. We cut it into 9 pieces and it was plenty for the 5 people we had.


1. Gather your ingredients...


lasagna noodles (I made too many, but just discarded the rest)
1/4 c. butter
1/2 onion; chopped
1/2 clove garlic; minced
1/4 c. flour
1.2 tsp. salt
1 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. milk
2 c. shredded mozz. cheese; divided
1/2 c. parmesan cheese; divided
1/2 tsp. dried basil (I didn't have any and just used Italian seasoning)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 (10oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and dried (I used some I had in a can)
2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese for topping



Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Boil water and add lasagna noodles and boil for 8-10 min. drain, cool, and set aside



In large saucepan, melt butter, and add onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook until onion and garlic are tender.

Stir in flour and salt until bubbly. Stir occasionally.



Stir in milk and broth and bring to boil. Stir constantly for 1 minute


Stir in 1/2 of the mozz. and parmesan cheese



Season with basil and oregano. Stir and set aside. Your sauce is done!!!



Start to make your layers in a 9x13 pan. I did sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, chicken, noodles, sauce, spinach, the rest of the mozz cheese, noodles, ricotta cheese, the rest of the sauce, and then parmesan cheese on top. Sprinkle the top with Parsley. I don't think that it matters too much what kind of layers you want to do.



Bake in the oven uncovered for 35-40 minutes.



Add some veggies and garlic bread you you've got a pretty awesome meal! Everyone said they really liked it, so I think it was a hit!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!