Sunday, October 3, 2010

Long Overdue Update!

Well, it has sadly been 3 months since I updated!!! I always sign on with every intent to update my blog, then I end up reading everyone else's updates and I get distracted!!! There is so much that has been going on this summer too, so I always feel like it is too late and too much to update. So I will just hit the highlights of the summer....
I went to a few weddings this summer. The beginning of the summer one of my best friends that i grew up with, Brian married his wife Rebecca that he met at Mississippi State. They are so perfect for each other and it was such a fun wedding! Two of my friends from college Heather and JK got married also after dating for years through high school and college! Heather was so beautiful and JK was so handsome! It was a great wedding! There were other weddings that happened this summer, but I wasn't able to go to all of them :(
After graduation I went with Justin and his family to Arkansas to visit his Mema. I hadn't seen her since she came to Alabama when Justin and I graduated from high school, and it was so good to see her. She is one of the nicest most genuinely generous women that I have ever met. It was so good to see her and to look at old pictures and hear stories that she shared about Justin. She is such a sweet lady, and I am so thankful that I got to go visit her in Arkansas.
Justin turned 24 in July and I can't believe that he is getting so old :) haha. Justin also got to meet Anderson Melnick for the first time! Anderson is the son of our sweet friends Micah and Blake from college! He is already 6 months old and I can't believe it!
I got to celebrate with two of my best friends that got engaged this summer! My friend Ally from nursing school got engaged earlier this summer to her high school sweetheart Kenneth! She and Kenneth both work in Houston and have a dog named Snooki! Their wedding in Garland Texas was so amazing! Ally was absolutely gorgeous, and I loved being one of her bridesmaids! It was so much fun and I am so glad that I got to be a part of it! My friend Alison that I met in college has been friends with Justin pratically forever from church camp. She was my roommate one year in college, and she is one of the most fun people to be around! She is getting married to Andrew who she met at a friend's birthday party! They live in Cullman where he works, and she works at Princeton Hospital in bham. They are getting marriend in April and I am so excited about being one of Alison's bridesmaids too!
That pretty much sums up all of the big stuff that happened this summer. We took a lot of fun trips and had a lot of fun memories! My first summer as a graduate was a great one!!!!

One new addition that we have to our family is a puppy! We got her this summer and her name is Abby! She is a Malti-zhu and she is so precious! She is 6 months now, and she weighs about 4 pounds. She's not supposed to get too much bigger, but she has the attitude like she is a great dane. She is so smart, and she just graduated from puppy preschool a couple of weeks ago. She loves to follow you around everywhere and eats pretty much anything. I love her so much!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!