Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love Mondays!

So I love Mondays for a couple different reasons.




Monday is always my day off for the week so unless I decide to pick up an extra shift, I can always count on the fact that I don't have to work.




My friend Alicia who works in the Pediatric ER also doesn't work Mondays so every now and then we have movie Mondays! Yesterday we went to see No Strings Attached. I love going to the movies when it is crowded and you can choose wherever you want to sit! And it is also nice to go during the day when it is a few bucks cheaper!



Another reason I really like Mondays is the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class that Justin and I are taking. We have gone to three classes now, and we will go every Monday night until mid April. This is class is really helping us to get prepared for our future financially. I have learned so many things and it has made me really pay attention to where my money is going and it has most importantly changed my priorities. I strongly recommend the class!!









I have 2 recipes that I want to share!


First, is my friend Sarah's recipe for Manicotti!
This is my friend Sarah and i love her!

Okay so here is the recipe...
  • 24 jumbo pasta shells
  • 1lb ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey. Whatever you prefer.)
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 80z tub of cottage cheese
  • 1tsp garlic salt
  • i jar of sauce of your choice. (You can go with classic tomato or you could mix it up and try alfredo)
  • Mozzarella Cheese

1. Cook the shells as directed and brown the meat. *DONT FORGET TO COOK THE MEAT BEFORE. I FORGOT THIS AND IT WASN'T GOOD*.

2. While you preheat the oven to 350 degrees combine the ground meat, mayo, cottage cheese, and garlic sauce together in a large bowl. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Take each cooked shell and stuff with about 1tbsp of the mixture and place in the pan. Once you have all the shells filled and in the pan pour the jar of sauce on top.

3. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then, uncover and top with mozzarella cheese. Cook another 10 minutes.



These are the stuffed shells, but yours should look different because your meat will be cooked BEFORE you mix and stuff it in the shells!!! Whoops!




This is what the stuffed shells look like with the sauce before baking.





Finished product without the melted mozarella cheese.

These shells are amazing! Seriously! Some of the ingredients may sound strange, but trust me it is so good!




Okay, now for one of my favorite recipes ever...

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches



This serves about 6 people. It is easy to double and serve to a large group.
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 17.5 oz bottle buffalo wing sauce divided
  • 1 oz packet of dry ranch dressing mix
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 6 buns

1. Put chicken, 3/4 of the bottle of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing packet in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

2. Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter and shred the chicken breasts with 2 forks. The meat will soak up the sauce. Serve on a bun, and these are great when served with ranch dressing!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!