Monday, June 13, 2011

Back on the Weight Watchers Bandwagon!

So I have decided to make a life style change...I am going to start Weight Watchers again! I did Weight Watchers for a short time with a few friends in college and I got pretty good results so I know that it is an attainable goal. I know that I will get even better results if I stick with it. I am hoping that this new change paired with my new gym membership and trainer is going to whip my butt back into the shape it was a few years ago.

I made 2 WW recipes today that I want to share. The first is for Mediterranean Pasta Toss that I made to take to work this week. The biggest thing that I realized during my first go round with WW is how important it is to plan ahead. The key to success is to plan out your meals each week; it will make all of the difference in the world.


Mediterranean Pasta Toss (3 points per serving)
Ingredients
* 8 ounces uncooked pasta (I used whole wheat penne that we had in the pantry but you can use whatever you choose.)
* 1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
*1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
*1/4 cup pitted black olives sliced
* tbsp olive oil
*2 cloves garlic pressed
*1 can tomatoes diced and undrained with basil and oregano
*1 cup feta cheese

Directions
1. Cook pasta according to directions in saucepan.

2. While pasta is cooking, chop artichokes, pepper, onion, and black olives. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender.

3. Add olives, artichokes, tomatoes with juice and a pinch of salt. Heat 1-2 minutes, stirring gently until heated through. Remove from heat, stir in warm pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.




The second recipe I want to share is Chicken Spaghetti. I made it for my family for dinner and it is amazing. It is not just a good WW recipe, it is a good recipe. My dad has no idea that it is WW friendly and he never needs to know!!!


Chicken Spaghetti (4 points per serving)
Ingredients
*8 ounces cooked chicken shredded
*3 cups cooked spaghetti- 4 1/2 oz dry
*4 ounces Velvetta Light
*1 can of rotel
*1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
*1/2 cup chopped onions
*1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped

Directions
1. Cook chicken. You can either use rotisserie chicken or boil your own. Shred after cool. Cook spaghetti noodles according to box directions but add the chopped green pepper in the saucepan with the noodles while cooking.

2. In a large sauce pan over MEDIUM heat mix Velveeta, soup, and rotel. Make sure not to turn on too high because the velveeta will burn on the bottom of the sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients after the cheese has melted in with the soup and rotel.

3. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan, cover with foil and cook until heated through (about 10-15 min at 450.)

**I served my chicken spaghetti with peas (1 point) and a biscuit (2 points) which made dinner a total of 7 points!



 

4 comments:

  1. How big is a serving size on the first recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal! If you are using it as a side then it would definitely make a good 4 servings; if you are using it as your main dish I would say 2 hungry people or 3 average people haha. hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. How many servings are in the chicken spaghetti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! It would serve 6 hungry people or 8 if you plan to serve with sides. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow Me!