Monday, March 8, 2010

And the Oscar goes to.....

To celebrate the Oscars Ally, Leah, and Alex came over and we used that as a good excuse to all make yummy food and overanalyze all the movies as well as all of the dresses! I really can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars so I thought this would be a good year since I didn't have to study or anything :) That still doesn't seem real! Leah made her famous chicken crack dip (aka buffalo chicken dip haha), Ally brought awesome cheese sticks that she slaved over all day, and Alex made yummy mummy, ooeey, gooey brownies! I made some chili cheese dip in the crockpot and decided to try and make my own caramel popcorn. I took pics of all the steps...
For the chili cheese dip gather supplies...

I used the smaller velveeta b/c there weren't a lot of us and the small can of chili with NO BEANS!
Cube the cheese....
Put it all in the crockpot and cook on low for about an hour...
... and don't forget to turn the crock pot off when you are done or you will have a nice burnt mess to clean up :)

Now on to the caramel popcorn. Supplies needed: your popcorn, 1 cup of brown sugar and 2 tbsp of butter.

pop your corn.....



In a saucepan heat butter and brown sugar...


It will start to look like this, and DO NOT overcook because it will taste like burn (this did happen).

Remove from heat and drizzle on the popcorn and mix with rubber spatula (it makes clean up much much easier)

End result. Unfortunately this time I overcooked the sugar and we didn't like the burnt taste haha.


All of our awesome food minus the brownies. We were able to snack during the whole 4 hours hours!


I think that the Oscars would have been a little more enjoyable if we had seen more of the movies that were nominated. We decided to start a list of the movies we want to watch before graduation and our list ended at 13 haha! We had better get started!!!!!!!!
One more thing....
WE MISS YOU ALICIA!!!!







1 comment:

  1. I miss yall too! I wish I could have been there for all that amazingly yummy looking food!

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow Me!