Sunday, March 7, 2010

So, this is what a weekend is like...Oh, and more March Challenges!

Well, I haven't been able to blog all week (I know ya'll have just been so lost haha ) because my laptop had a nice virus! But, now the virus is long gone!!! Mom took it home with her when she came on Tuesday and got it taken care of! Supermom to the rescue!
So quick recap on my first week of precepting at the hospital:
Day one: I worked 3-11pm and I followed my preceptor around and helped her with her normal routine. It was a day to get oriented to the unit basically.
Day two: I worked 7a-7p and I had my own patient. I did everything for her, and it made me feel like I really was a real life nurse :)
Day three: I worked 7a-7p again and I picked up another patient so I was responsible for two. It helped me with starting to figure out how to manage my time the best.
I am really liking the unit that I am on. I was really nervous about orthopedic patients, but I am starting to get more confident.

so this weekend has been pretty much amazing because I think I forgot what a weekend is all about....RELAXATION and NO STUDYING! The weather has been so wonderful, and I have gotten a chance to catch up on some sleep!!!
On Saturday mom, dad, Daniel, and his friend Chad came down to ttown for the UA vs AU basketball game to celebrate all of the boy's birthdays.
Here we are with the t-shirts I got all of them for their birthday!


After the game we had bbq chicken sandwiches that were waiting on us in the crockpot after the game (I LOVE MY CROCKPOT!) And of course it wouldn't be an authentic bama lunch without national championship cokes and golden flake chips!


After lunch and presents we had some birthday cake! I have an Alabama "A" cake pan and I knew that I wanted to use it for their birthday! I made a chocolate cake and decided to be brave and make my own fondant (recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marshmallow-Fondant/Detail.aspx) Instead of using a bag of marshmallows and melting them I skipped that step and used marshmallow cream. I didn't get the hang of rolling out one big sheet to cover the whole cake, so I had to just work with it. I guess it wasn't too bad for my first try. I need to get the hang of it if I want to open up that cake shop one day :)
















Saturday night we all went to midnight sushi at Surin. They have all their sushi and other stuff for a dollar so we wanted to go and take advantage! We went after SNL was over and didn't get home until around 2:30. I was sooo ready for sleep! It was a lot of fun though, and I think I laughed harder than I have in a LONG TIME with the girls in the car!

Okay so today's March Challenges are Health Challenges...

This month why don't you....

Take a few mintues to sip some black tea. Research shows that drinking 2-3 cups daily helps you to handle stress.

Eat at least one fruit and one veggie at every meal in honor of National Nutrition Month.

Floss, Floss, Floss. Healthy gums are linked to a lower risk of cancer.

Grab cans from the pantry and do 10 bicep curls!

Try this midday pick-me-up: Roll shoulders back, sit up straight and breathe deeply for 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!