Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy National Doughnut Day!

Today is the day people! The day to celebrate one of our most favorite American foods....DOUGHNUTS!!!!

I must admit, I'm actually not a huge huge fan of them, but I like one every now and then. My favorite are Crulers, and I like the small powdered ones. If you want to know where you can get the best doughnuts in America, check this link out...
http://local.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24454814&GT1=24000


So, unless you live under a rock or you have been hiding out in a storm shelter the past month or so you know about this oil spill fiasco. There are so many details nd facts about it that I honestly don't know the latest, but I saw this slideshow on MSN this morning that I wanted to share. If you have some time take a look at it.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36880053/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1

My friend Anton put this out on facebook last night...
http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com/
It is enough to make you want to do something more and it puts everything into perspective. I just wish that SOMEONE could get this whole thing taken care of. I'm tired of everyone blaming someone else because that is getting us nowhere! Frustrating!

So, on to something a little more happy....
Has anyone seen the movie BABIES???
I have been wanting to see it for so long, but it isn't playing in Huntsville :( I guess that it is going to be a movie that I will have to wait and see when it comes out to rent. If you haven't heard of it, check it out here, and watch the trailer
http://www.filminfocus.com/focusfeatures/film/babies/


Chances are that if you are reading this you are probably one of my good friends. So friends, I would like you to meet my best friend for these past 2 days and for the upcoming week.

Meet Hurst Review Book!




I took a Hurst Review course the week of graduation that is going to help me pass the NCLEX! I am taking the exam on June 11th, and then hopefully I will have my Registered Nurse liscence! I loved the review course that I took (which is good since it did cost $350.00!) and I am pretty much only focusing on the information that they gave us to study. It is everything we learned in nursing school condensed into what they think is important to know. They do have a 98% pass rate so whoopie!
So far I have Respiratory, Orthopedics, Renal, Pediatrics, and Managment and Delegation done. I still have a ways to go so pray that I keep some motivation this next week!

13 comments:

  1. I think my fondest donut memories are from Sunday before church...my mom would take Jacob and me to Shipley's and we would both get a chocolate covered, chocolate filled donut with chocolate milk...almost makes me a bit nauseous to think of now. You're going to kick this test's butt!

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow Me!