Friday, November 5, 2010

Scarf Redo!!


Hey guys!

I busted out my sewing machine yesterday and after about 2 hours of getting it all threaded and situated, I finally started some scarf projects that I have been wanting to do! I started with this scarf that I saw online and used it for my inspiration! I love that it has pockets!!! Take a look at how I recreated it....



I found this scarf at Ross for pretty cheap. It is perfect for this project because it is a long scarf which is really important so that you can comfortably put your hands in the pockets. It is navy blue, and it is super soft!



Then I measured out 2 rectangles of fabric to use for the pockets. I used an old sweater that is way too short now. My pockets measured out to 6 inches by 7 1/2 inches. After you cut out the squares, you might want to hem the sides to make it look a little prettier. I just used a straight stitch. Then, put on the scarf and decide where you want to place your pockets. Then pin them on and start sewing them down!! I just used a straight stitch for this too!


And your pockets are done!!!



To finish up, you need to add the buttons. If you have a button hole maker you can use that, but I just cut my own. I used gray felt that I got from Hobby Lobby to sew to one side to make the button holes. I just sewed all 3 of them on to the left side of the scarf. Then I hand sewed the 3 buttons onto the right side.





This is a dorky picture, but this is what mine looks like when I finished it. YAY! It is super easy to do, and you can really get creative with it!




This is another scarf that I made yesterday. It is super easy. I saw one like it online that was made out of an old sweater. I got a scarf and used it. I just folded it and kind of played with it to make sure that it would fit comfortably around my neck then I sewed the big buttons on.



Here is what it looks like on. I know, another dorky picture, but I had to make do with the timer on my camera haha.


This is what I am working on now. So far this is what I have, but I am trying to figure out what else to do with it!











1 comment:

 

Follow Me!