Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Antiques and Parmesan Chicken

One of my most favorite things to do is to go to Packards Antiques with my mom when we have nothing to do but waste a few hours! It is our favorite place to go and find antiques: dishes, furniture, jewelry, and all other kinds of things. I love going there, but I really haven't ever bought many things. My mom and I went to Packards on Monday and we both found some great things!

Here are my finds....

I found this cake plate, vase, and 2 dishes! And the best part is that I only spent 20 bucks for all of it!

It is really hard to get a good picture of the cake plate. I love it though it is my favorite find for sure! I got it for 1/2 off too! I love making cakes and I love the cake plate that I have now to serve them on!





Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/4tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1-2 beaten eggs
  • sliced mozzarella cheese
  • jar of favorite marinara sauce

Directions
1. Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crock pot. Whip the egg with a fork in a separate bowl. Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and parmesan cheese in another dish.

Here are my dishes...



2. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
Here are the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot...


3. Layer slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken breasts. I think that it took me about 6 slices to cover the chicken. Then, cover with the entire jar of marinara sauce...
It is ready to cook...
4. Close the lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. If your chicken is still frozen, it will take longer.
Here is what it looks like all done...


You can serve with your favorite pasta or rice. Add some veggies, salad, or bread and you have a great meal!













No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!