Thursday, March 6, 2014

Salmon Rub


Hey guys!

I have a yummy quick recipe to share with you guys today!

We love salmon around our house, but we don't eat it a ton because it is more expensive than chicken, turkey, and beef. But, I like to get it every now and then and I have found that we like it pretty plain because we love the taste it has already. I have made recipes with different sauces and toppings, but we like it just plain and simple. So I have a dry rub that I tried by mixing some spices and I really liked it! It has a little kick to it, but isn't too spicy.



This recipe is for 2 filets, or one large, and it will make plenty!

  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Ground Cumin
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
Mix all of your spices together in a small bowl...



Drizzle each side of your salmon fillets with your olive oil Rub your spices on each side of your fillets. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 


We love the taste of grilled salmon, but since our bipolar weather here in Alabama decided it needed to be 30 degrees I grilled our huge salmon filet on our panini maker inside!


Sometimes the best "recipes" are the simple ones. I know this isn't much of a recipe, but I really loved the way this mixture of spices enhanced the salmon's taste. SOOO YUMMY!!!
Hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!