Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Essential Oil Allergy Pills!

Hey guys! Sorry I have been a little MIA lately; I was gone one week traveling for work, and we stayed extremely busy during Holy Week, so I am finally getting back in the swing of things!

Today I wanted to share with you guys one of the ways that I use my Essential Oils!
I have been using essential oils now for a little over a month, and I have found myself using them a lot more than I ever thought! Now when things happen around our house I immediately think if there is a way to solve it with my oils (or potions as my hubby likes to call them).
Well, in Alabama our pollen is so thick you can pretty much see it in the air; and this time of year is when it is at its peak! With pollen and Spring blooms comes some terrible allergies in our house so I decided to make our own allergy medicine this year. My husband and mom both use this everyday to replace their Claritin, Zyrtec, etc. So let me show you how I made them...




You will need empty gel or veggie caps; size 00 is best because they aren't too big, Lavender EO, Peppermint EO, and Lemon EO.
HERE is the link for the gel caps I ordered from Amazon; they are $6.11 for 250 right now which is a great deal! I use Eden's Garden Essential Oils; and my first purchase was THIS top 6 gift set which has all three of these in it; you can of course purchase them separate as well. These three EO are the most frequently used for most households as I have read; and I have already had to purchase more because I used all of them within a month.


So here is a size reference for you to see how big my gel caps are; I really wouldn't want a size any bigger to be honest.


All you need to do is take apart the gel cap and add 3 drops of your lemon, lavender, and peppermint oils. Then just put the top back on the cap!

I store mine in this empty prescription bottle! I have read several articles and have come to the conclusion that if you use this for just your daily allergy relief/prevention it is best to take it twice a day (and I would HIGHLY recommend taking it with food to avoid indigestion). If you are suffering from a full on allergy exacerbation you can take it every 6 hours and be fine. Just remember: always take with something to eat and not on an empty stomach; we all did this and realized it gave us indigestion, but it is totally fine if you take it with a meal or snack!

And there you have it! My natural and more cost effective way to beat Springtime allergies in Alabama!
I know this might not be for everyone, but for our family we have liked making this switch from the over the counter meds that we were taking before.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. We are using this blend as well. Make sure your oils are ingestible grade oils. Some oils are processed with petroleum products and are not recommended to take internally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! The brand that I am using is "100% therapeutic" which from what I read makes them safe to ingest; is this what you have found?

      Delete

 

Follow Me!