Saturday, March 13, 2010

So THIS is what home is like....

So, first things first: I got a new layout!!! What do ya'll think!?! It gets me in the mood for spring!


You know what I found yesterday that got me in the mood for spring/summer/cupcake making...

Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you...those are cupcakes! I loooove them! They are perfect for a garden kick-off party! People have those right?!?! Someone should so that I can make them :) They might be a little too advance for me right now!
So I got home yesterday! I haven't been back to Huntsville since Christmas...I can't believe it! We are in the process of getting some stuff updated in our kitchen (countertops and a new stove) so things were a little crazy today. It was demo day! Luckily, mom and I stayed gone most of the day so that we didn't have to listen to it!!!!
I want to share SUCH EXCITING NEWS with ya'll!!!!!!! Anderson Brooks Melnick was born today!!! One of my best friends Micah and her husband Blake had their first baby today! He was born at 12:05pm, weighed 7lbs 11oz, and was 20.5 inches long! Mom and baby are doing well! I can't wait to go to Opelika and see him later this week!!! I wanna hug him and squeeze him and hold his little hands! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
So there are two negatives that come with spring coming around the corner...
1. We lose an hour of sleep tonight (BOOOO)
2. We need to start thinking about spring cleaning! (DOUBLE BOOOO)
The March issue of Womans Day (Where I keep getting the march challenges from) has a great article about Spring Cleaning, I think that I want to share some tips with ya'll later on in a different post, but I want ya'll to check out this cleaning checklist https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjjy91GLCbTYDmc-g3Mv-C72D0y-VX8tFJfkqO0551YxgOWxSQVkJnFBALRHQ-qR6WpeKRE8BF8ZzXI2cZRZaXaGJvLZgaULI96OgrDC7-WPHeQhAlPGx466vRgQL8CrhTnIhXUJUtFb5c/s1600-h/JonesFamilyCleaningChecklist.jpg
This is a cleaning checklist from one of the blogs I follow. It definitely opens my eyes to how many things I forget to clean!!!
Okay, one GREAT thing about Spring approaching is flip flop weather!! I know that ya'll have to love flip flops and painting your toenails! So, if you are into sewing try to make some of these....
Mom and I want to try and make some, I hope that we will have time this week, but we probably wont! That is usually how it happens haha. Maybe I can make some when i get back to ttown!! They would make awesome gifts for girls that have birthdays coming up, but also a great gift for yourself!!
I want to end with a quote that I want to share with ya'll. This past Thursday at worship at Wesley Mary Bendall (the preacher from First UMC in tuscaloosa) shared it with us.
Ask not what the world needs.
Ask what makes you come alive...then go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
~Howard Thurman

3 comments:

  1. Um....could we make grass/lawnmower cupcakes and dirt/flower cupcakes?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! I actually found these when i googled garden party cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make those cupcakes at my house!!!! I mean REALLY! I need a kicking off gardening party anyway.

    ReplyDelete

 

Follow Me!