Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just call me the party hopper!

So the first three weekends in April were all very exciting and were spent celebrating and planning parties for very special people! And all three consisted of home made cakes and cupcakes (which ya'll know I love!!)


The first weekend of April we had a tool and gadget shower for Brian and Rebecca. Brian has been one of my closest friends over the years. We grew up together at church, and he is engaged to an incredible girl named Rebecca that he met at Mississippi State! It was so much fun, and they got a lot of fun gifts! I made the cake for the shower....




They got some awesome presents!








The second weekend was definitely the most intense because I planned a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom! It was hard to get it all together from Tuscaloosa, and to make sure that hopefully I would invite everyone that she would want to be there (I did forget a few people though!) The big thing was to keep it a secret from mom, because it is pretty much impossible for me to do that! I started planning it back in December, and it got a little stressful at times, but it was all worth it!

This is the cake that was made by Justin's mom and sister. I think that it turned out great! It was sooo yummy too, and fed about 60 people!


This past weekend we had a home and garden shower for our friends Heather and Jk who are getting married this summer! They are dear friends that I have known since I was a freshman at Bama. Heather and I got close while we were in college and at the Wesley Foundation. It was a great party, and it was so good to see them and to celebrate their new life together! They got some pretty awesome gifts too! They bought their first house and are planning on fixing it up! So exciting!
The hostessess with the bride! (Heather is in the middle!)


So when we decided that it was going to be a lawn and garden shower I knew that I wanted to make these lawn mower cupcakes that I had seen in a magazine a few years back. They were in an article for Father's day cupcakes, but I knew that they would definitely work for the shower. Leah and I made the cupcakes for the shower, and they were a huge hit! Aren't her flower cupcakes absolutely adorable!!!


So, three weekends of showers and parties are over (even though I do have a shower to go to at home this weekend, but no planning is involved in that one) and they were all huge successes! It is so funny to look back on being slightly stressed about it all coming together and realizing that it was as perfect as it could have been!!! And now I have more cakes to add to my portfolio haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!