Thursday, October 21, 2010

Getting into the swing of things

So I have officially completed my first two shifts on the floor at the Emergency Department at Huntsville Hospital! There is NOTHING that could have prepared me for it. Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot of valuable information in nursing school, but there is nothing like experiencing everything first hand. I have a coach who I will be working with as an orientee until the end of December. There are a lot of rules about what an orientee can and can't do, but I have learned so much in these past 2 shifts which makes me really excited about the next few months. I am loving my coach too, he is just a few years older than me and he is an excellent nurse who really advocates for me. I'm still in shock that my first job out of school is in the Emergency Room, but honestly I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. I never pictured myself here and loving it, but I really do and I can't wait for everything that I am going to learn.




It has been really nice to have some days off before going back in on Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait to get back into a normal routine and I have been thinking of stuff to do on my days off. It has been fun meeting up with friends for lunch, and after Alicia, Linda and I had lunch yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby. I bought some remnant fabric to add to my collection that I already have, and I have been thinking of what I am going to do with it. I think that on my days off when it starts getting cold I want to start sewing and doing little projects. I want to get used to my sewing machine because I am still having a hard time with the bobbin. I want to get comfortable with it, and hopefully I will be able to make some Christmas presents. Here are some of the remnant pieces of fabric that I have. In my mom's sewing room we have a whole box full of scrap fabric to work with. Yay!









So I have been looking online for some ideas of stuff to make and here are some that I found....




Heating Rice Therapy bag

Patchwork kitchen towels






Cd coasters


Super Cute braided headbands

I am so excited, and hopefully next week I will get out my sewing machine and get working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!