Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

I really wanted to try to make Chicken and Dumplings, and I decided that I need to start with the easiest recipe ever and then maybe work my way up to actually making my own dumplings. So here is a super easy and really yummy recipe for Chicken and Dumplings! BONUS: It is a slow cooker recipe! I loveeeee my crock pot!

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings





Ingredients
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (thawed)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 (10oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
  • A bag of frozen veggies if desired
Directions
1. Place chicken, butter, soup, and onion in crock pot, and fill with enough water to cover.

2. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours. About 30-45min before serving, place the torn biscuit dough and veggies in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center (but to keep the dumpling consistency don't let the dough cook enough to brown.)

3. ENJOY!

*This serves about 6 people

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!