Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Love Lamp!

Hello out there!!! I hope that everyone is enjoying the beautiful fall weather we are starting to have! Here in Alabama, fall is just the best season there is!
 
Okay, so I know that I have said in previous blog posts that I have commitment issues sometimes when it comes to decorating. I will have an idea of what I want to do, but I just can't seem to actually make it happen. I think that it is mostly because I am scared that it will be a disaster and I will hate it. Well, there are a few exceptions to this..... one being last summer when I just randomly bought a gallon of green paint for my den. At first I really loved it (mainly because every wall in my house was white so ANY color would have made me happy), but as a year has come and gone I have really decided this was not the best idea. Our den has no natural light in it so we are solely relying on lamps and borrowed natural light from our open kitchen/eating area. My husband tends to gravitate towards the traditional, neutral colors in decorating, so he plastered a fake smile on his face when he saw the color. So to make a long story short, I am going to be painting the den as well as the built in bookshelves on both sides of our fireplace. I have a color already picked out which I am currently using to also paint our living/dining room. I love the neutral greige (gray/beige) color that I picked and it will really lighten up the room and it will allow me to bring in new colors in the den which is what I am REALLY excited for. Since I have chosen the green, my choices have become too matchy-matchy. I seem to think that only green and blue can go in this room to "match" and it is driving me crazy! I want to be able to bring in all colors and this new greige color will really allow me to do that!
 
So, in the mean time before painting starts I introduced two new lamps into the den and I am so excited about them that I really have to share them. I think I am mainly excited about the awesome deals that I got and they just have to be shouted out for everyone to hear!!!
 
 

Okay, so I purchased this lamp back in the summer of 2011 before we actually bought our house (I think even before we were engaged) with my mom at a garage sale. It has a glossy, blue finish and I absolutely love the shape of it. It didn't come with a shade which was fine with me, and the day that I bought it I thought I would spray paint it a different color, but I am so glad that I didn't. Right now I love the color that it is (my mind will probably change at some point...yay being a woman!) But anyways, I paid a whopping $2 for this lamp and it was worth every penny. It has been stored away for all this time, and it finally has a home! I found the shade at Target last year on clearance for $4.98 and it is the perfect way to incorporate a little bit of black in the room!
 

Okay, so this floor lamp is probably one of my favorite things in my house...no joke! I bought it from Target in the Spring with the intention of actually putting it in my laundry room (crazy right?) and it finally dawned on me that I needed to put it in the den. When I found it at Target I wasn't really looking for a floor lamp, but I knew that I could use it somewhere because it was on clearance for $30 which I thought was a great deal. I got up to the register to check out, and the clearance sticker hadn't been updated and it ended up being $15!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooo happy and I really wished that they had another one haha. Anyways, this floor lamp has been perfect behind our comfy hand-me-down leather pottery barn chair. It makes for the perfect little reading spot and I just love it!
 
 
Okay, so now that we have all determined that I am a crazy lamp lady I am excited to start to tackle our den project this fall. I am currently working on our living/dining room now and I have to keep telling myself to work one room at a time so hopefully I will be able to resist the temptation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me!